Thursday, August 30, 2007

What was he thinking????

So I wake up this morning to that wonderfully nasty smell my dog gives me sometimes when DH doesn't take him out before he leaves for work, and forgets to tell me. So of course i'm mad, and decided to call and leave a message on his office phone, b/c i know he's not there yet. After it's cleaned and the kids have had their breakfast, and milk, and are watching some tv. i decide it's time to get on the computer and wait for my phone call so i can really yell at him. Maybe about an hour later the phone rings, and it's my DH's office line, so i answer expecting to hear his voice, but instead i hear, "Hi Marie, this is debbie. I just wanted to call and tell you there was an incident. Matt's office was jammed and he fell through some ceiling tiles trying to get in. He's ok, but he's going to the hospital to get stitches. One of us will call you to update." I was completely in shock. I really couldn't phatom how the heck he fell through tiles. I've been to the back offices in lenox, it's on the bottom floor, really how did he fall through a ceiling. So still in shock, about a half hour later, there's another phone call from ST. Peter's hospital, the nurse puts me through to him in the ER, and the first thing out of my mouth is, "what the heck happened?" "Well, " he says, " My office door was jammed and i couldn't get in so i thought that if i went through the ceiling i could get in." Still confused I said, " How did you get into the ceiling?" "Well, i went into the office next to mine, moved the ceiling tile, climbed up, and started to crawl through, but i fell and when i feel i cut my leg on a piece of metal" Now of course lots of things are running through my head, my dh is a big fan of 24, and for all of you who watch that show, will totally understand my thinking. I kept from saying it out loud, but i thought, man, does he think he's jack bauer or something, really he thought he could climb through the ceiling. I know that's where he got the idea from. So now i'm just waiting to hear from him again, and see if Myself or Debbie is going to pick him up. He tore off a bit of his skin, it's apparantly a pretty bad cut, but he's ok. I will probably make the jack bauer comment to him when he gets home. I'm still in shock!

No comments: